Friday, May 7, 2010

The Divine Question, Do You Believe in God?

Asking me if I believe in God is like asking me if I believe in Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny.

Surprisingly, this divine question has been asked with alarming trepidation. As if my answer were not yes he or she would have to disown me. Of course, I innocently relish that moment of friendship on the line awkwardness. The terrified facial expressions. The palm sweating panting. The uncontrollable eye agitation is hilarious! Luckily, I have not lost many friends as a result of my push to Expose Christianity.

Since I believe that I am an expert of being politically correct without sounding like a robot, my response appears to appease the person asking me the question, Do you believe in God? Unfortunately, I am somewhat disappointed in the individual because they become retardedly relieved by my half ass cookie cut statement of belief.

Equally sad is that I don’t answer the question with spiritual conviction which is evidence to me that the curious but not so curious person is not interested in where I truly stand with The Lord. All they are interested in is if I am a Believer. That is typical considering most who are Christology Believers have no legitimate basis for their belief. It is based on conjecture, fantasy, emotionalism, and shakable faith. Nothing substantial other than pastor’s first Sunday sermon, God is real.

Consequently, when I ask The Faithful why they believe in a God he/she cannot under any circumstances justify their round-about declaration. Not that that is completely insufficient or horribly lacking in any way. I can respect their religious dogma line in the sand. What I cannot respect is their unpleasant reactions to people who stand on an Atheist principle, There is no God.

One of my most devoted Jewish friends is an atheist, by the way. Her life’s work is a beautiful reflection of selfless love. If there is a heaven, she will be at the front of the line with her Jesus pass. Is there VIP beyond the Pearly Gates?

So, as I walk around with my God is a Figment of Your Imagination t-shirt I am reminded with contempt that God is literally understood to be the Creator of man and woman – which is the reason why I am of the belief that there is…

Finishing that sentence will give indication to what I believe.

My belief system should not be of anyone’s pressing concern. As if they are prepared to hand me over to the Fallen Angel if I am not a Believer?? Their business should be if they are adhering to what their jealous and vindictive Christian God has asked of them - and their contemplation should be if I have lived a life that will leave a legacy of trying to eradicate my un-Godliness.

Written by The Preacher you will not hear during America's most segregated hour, 11:00AM Sunday Morning.

4 comments:

  1. Reader Response:

    i love you! what if people dared to express what they really believe? about whatever they believe, not just their stance on god. freedom. so many of us are just slaves to the rhythm. freedom. sometimes i just wanna say to some folks, "i dare you. i double dare you to just be who you are".

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Preacher Responds:

    Thank you. I am committed to pushing the limits via what I believe. Life is a unique experience, why bore it with complacency? I remember years ago when I was too terrified to 'question'. No more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reader Response:

    I love it. I asked some people at work to point out to me where in the bible it says I cannot cuss & I am still waiting on the answer.

    -MI

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Preacher Responds:

    Please don't hold ya breath...u will faint (pass out due to lack of oxygen to the brain) and they (holy rollers/Christians) will not save you (revive you) just because you 'questioned' their crutch (bible).

    -THe Preacher

    ReplyDelete